Pesticide Stewardship: Protecting What Matters Most
DuPont is committed to exemplary pesticide stewardship for all crop protection products. That includes meeting global standards, as well as local rules and regulations for Sweden.
Pesticide stewardship means ensuring safe and proper use across the product life cycle, from invention to field use to disposal. For example, label directions on DuPont Crop Protection products are designed to provide clear and concise instructions, so as to be easily understood.
DuPont Support for Growers
DuPont provides pesticide stewardship guidelines and training help to educate growers about using the products correctly and responsibly, and to help improve yields and crop quality. For more information, please contact your local DuPont representative.
We have also identified three protection priorities for effective stewardship:
Priority: Storage and Disposal
If not properly handled and stored, crop protection products and their containers may present a potential concern. DuPont Crop Protection provides information and training to customers on proper handling and storage of crop protection products.
- All crop protection products must be stored in their original, clearly labeled containers.
- Products must be stored in facilities with proper lighting and ventilation.
- The storage area for crop protection products must be secured and locked.
- Empty product containers must be triple-rinsed, then sent to an appropriate facility for recycling or disposal.
- Empty containers must not be rinsed or washed in bodies of water, such as streams, rivers or ponds.
- Personal protective equipment should be placed in an area separate from the products.
Priority: Safe Transport
Local laws regulate the transportation of most crop protection products. Transportation of crop protection products must comply with these regulations, including appropriate signage and ensuring the proper documentation accompanies the shipment.
- Every vehicle used to transport crop protection products should be equipped with protective and emergency equipment, such as gloves, boots, fire extinguisher (ABC type), flashlight and material to contain a product spills should be available.
- Crop protection products must be transported separately from passengers, livestock and food products.
Priority: Proper Application
Individuals need to protect themselves when mixing, loading and applying crop protection products. Workers must be trained to wear proper personal protective equipment; to follow mixing, loading and application instructions; and to be aware of the time required to re-enter or harvest a crop after application.
- Be knowledgeable about the need for product-specific personal protective equipment.
- Before making an application, calculate the quantity of crop protection product needed, and mix only the volume needed to make the treatment.
Använd växtskyddsmedel med försiktighet. Läs alltid etikett och produktinformation före användning. Observera alla varningsfraser och symboler.